Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Affidavit of Discrepancy and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons

It might come as a surprise for some people when they discover that the name that they have been using is not the same with the name their birth certificates indicate. If that happens, some public and private offices often require that the person concerned issue an Affidavit of Discrepancy and additionally requiring two other disinterested persons to attest to the identity of the person who has discrepancy in his name.

In the example below, a certain JOHNNY DELA CRUZ later on discovers that his Birth Certificate indicates that his name is actually JUAN DELA CRUZ.



AFFIDAVIT OF DISCREPANCY


            I, JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, of legal age, single, and a resident of Davao City, after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law, hereby depose and say:

            That since I was young, I have been using the name “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ;”

That I am also known by my family and friends as “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ”;

That recently, I applied for membership with the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) and as a requirement for such application, I was made to submit my Birth Certificate;

That when I requested for a copy of my Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office, I was surprised that my name as reflected on the official document is “JUAN C. DELA CRUZ(A copy of the Birth Certificate is hereto appended as ANNEX “A” and forms an integral part hereof);

That I attest that “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ” and “JUAN C. DELA CRUZ” is one and the same person;

That from now on, I will be using my true and correct name, JUAN C. DELA CRUZ.

            That I am executing this affidavit in order to attest to the truth of the facts aforementioned, and for any legal purpose this may serve.

            IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this this _____________ at ____________.


JUAN C. DELA CRUZ
                        Affiant
Witnesses:

                                                                                                                                               



            SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this this _____________ at ____________,, affiant exhibiting to me his PhilHealth ID No. ________________.

                                                                                   
Doc No. ___;                                                                           Notary Public
Page No. ___;                                                             
Book No. ___;                                                             
Series of _____.                       






JOINT AFFIDAVIT OF TWO DISINTERESTED PERSONS


            WE, WITNESS ONE and WITNESS TWO, both of legal age, both single, and residents of Davao City, after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law, hereby depose and say:

            That we personally known “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ” because we are family friends and we have known him for more than 30 years;

That we also personally know that “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ” has been using that name since he was a child;

That we personally know that from available records, his authenticated Birth Certificate indicates that his name is “JUAN C. DELA CRUZ;

That we attest that “JOHNNY C. DELA CRUZ” and “JUAN C. DELA CRUZ” is one and the same person;

            That we are executing this affidavit in order to attest to the truth of the facts aforementioned, and for any legal purpose this may serve.

            IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this this _____________ at ____________.



                        WITNESS ONE                                         WITNESS TWO
                        ID/CTC No.                                                  ID/CTC No.                           
                        Issued on                                                      Issued on                             
                        Issued at                                                       Issued at                               


            SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this _____________ at ____________, affiants exhibiting to me their competent evidence of identity written below their names.

                                                                                   
Doc No. ___;                                                                           Notary Public
Page No. ___;                                                             
Book No. ___;                                                             
Series of _____.