Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cross Examination

Kudos to me! I have survived my first cross examination! (Applause)

I was lucky that the opposing counsel was not very fond of objecting and he never really objected to any of my questions this morning, except for the last one, which last  question did not really come from me but coached by my senior.

Honestly, I think that I have to read (again) Justice Pronove's book, Evidence in Action. I did not really make any objection during the direct and redirect examination because I just don't want to and the conduct and questioning was really on my favor. =)

Hahaha! I feel like a student again. I hope someday, my posts would be tips on the conduct of trial.

Tomorrow, I will be attending a hearing for the reception of evidence. Tomorrow's case is a weird one because it's consolidated and there seems to be a controversy in the person of none other than the public prosecutor. I will tell you about it later.

Anyway, as I was reading Evidence in Action, I was referred to another book of the same author, The Art and Technique of Cross Examination. I've googled it just recently and there's an elib.gov.ph where it's listed but not available. The latest publishing is on 2004. I hope I'll find it in our local Rex Bookstore or Central Books.