Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Art and Technique of Cross Examination

I labored through the internet to find a copy of this book that I was referred to Philippine Elib showing that a book is physically located in UP Diliman College of Law. Also, the title of the book is The Art and Technique of Cross Examination with Rules on Electronic Evidence. But it's not available for sale at Elib because it doesn't have an item cost and honestly, I was confused with that website.

So I asked my sister who was in AdDU that time to drop by at Central Books and inquire if they have this book. And yes, they have around 7 copies left and it sells for P450 a copy. Yey! But when I got the book, it's title is different from that I have found online. My book's title is the Art and Technique of Cross Examination plus Cross-Examination in Arrest and Detention Cases. Hmmm, it's not a fatal discrepancy, though.

In my initial reading, I readily noticed Justice Pronove's style in book writing. It is written briefly and only the very important matters are discussed in the book. By the way, it's just 99 pages and I found the font larger than expected. I haven't finished reading it but there's one line that really caught my attention on its introduction page: "Probably because of the challenging nature of cross-examination, may lawyers shy away from trial work, choosing instead the more peaceful but lucrative corporate practice." How's that for a tip? Who wouldn't want a more peaceful but lucrative lawyering practice? Hahaha!

Are you ready for trial? =)

***UPDATED June 30, 2011:

So, I was able to read parts of this book. It's a really good book. However, there is one major flaw: this book has several typographical errors. I hope that the publisher of this book would reprint it and correct all the typographical errors.