Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Law School Ends

It's been four years, four long years of intertwined hardships and fun, but as they all say, everything must come to an end. I am not writing this article to bid goodbye. Lawschoolfunk.com would remain in the blogosphere for as long as my credit card is alive (hahaha!)...

Anyway, I hate saying "Goodbye Lawschool" though I'm happy to leave...
Happy, because I have finished the course that was once just a dream, a plan, an intangible thing that I was eagerly thinking about when I was still young. Years before, when I was little, I didn't even know what lawyers do but that's what I intend to become. Now, I'm six months away from taking the Bar Examinations. I hate to say goodbye because I loved my stay in the University of Mindanao. I have never sacrificed so much, nor have i enjoyed schooling so much than taking Law in UM. I hate to say goodbye because graduating would mean that I'll be relocated to another place and another school for my review classes. I hate to leave home, and I hate to leave my friends, and I HATE TO LEAVE MY COMFORT ZONE, but I know that what I need to do is to go forward and move on.

So, move on, we must. San Beda, here I come!

It's just sad that I have to make the biggest sacrifice of my life for the next six months. I need to let go all of my conveniences if only to achieve my ambition. It's sad that Manila is not Davao. That the dormitory is not my own home, and that San Beda is not UM. I have a difficulty accepting that I will be leaving, that I'll be in another place, and I'm so afraid that life would be so lonely out there. Now, don't get emo, I could live with that, but I know that it will be very very very hard!!! I wanted to be far from Davao because I'm such a workaholic freak, staying in Davao while reviewing would certainly pose a threat to my exams. Now that I've enrolled in another university, far (very very far) from WORK, it seems that I don't want to go there anymore, it's just so far away??? Coward me. So what--- if it floods there? (Cry) So what--- if it's typhoon-prone? So what--- if it's not the dream-place that I really wanted? Oh well, I guess I will just really have to shrug it off and just think that after all the unnecessary complains I have, it would still be the best place to review because it's where I can concentrate and just think about ME. Selfish, eh?

So let's go back to UM, I hope I can come home on graduation day. Ate said that graduation is not really for me but for mom and dad, and hopefully, lolo and lola could visit, too. Never mind the expenses, I won't be paying for it, anyway. (Bad!)

I should be working right now. Hmpf!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

will contact you soon ah, about dorm near san beda and ask na rin if the place is good. pero don't know yet if will choose san beda. good luck!

Swexie said...

the dorm where i'm staying is also near san sebastian college. We also have dormers enrolled in Juris and other law review centers. What's good about 'sanlo' is the convenience due to its location being near in different schools and review centers. Anyway, there are also other dormitories near the area like Holy Spirit Dormitory but i can't give you much information about it right now. But thanks to your comment, i'm inspired to research and gather other infos to help people like you.

Anonymous said...

would like to know if merong mga co-ed dorms na walking distance lang. have a brother with me kasi.

Swexie said...

I'm not sure about the co-ed rooms 'cause I haven't stayed in one pa. In Sanlo pwede naman yata if you'll be staying with your brother. May rooms dun in a separate building na good for two persons per room. Better call them at 7353391.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info, aside from the registration na 15,000. may iba pa bang babayaran sa san beda? what are the requirements?

Swexie said...

i can remember submitting 3 pcs 1x1 id picture... i can't remember the other requirements, sorry! =)

you can call san beda at 02-7356011 or 02-7348062