Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Businessman gets 60 years of jail time for raping daughter

“Not even the most ungrateful and resentful daughter would push her own father to the wall as the fall guy in any crime unless the accusation against him is true… It is not likely that a complainant in a rape case would fabricate a story of defloration against her own father and put to shame not only herself but her whole family as well, unless it was the plain truth and her motive was purely to obtain justice.”

Original article posted at http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/548629/businessman-gets-60-years-for-raping-daughter

I could not fathom the fact that such bestiality exists! I have handled a case like this but unfortunately, my client, the victim child, did not pursue the case. I was present every hearing yet my client would not attend the scheduled hearings. I did not have any other witness so what happened was that the judge provisionally dismissed the case. I could not put the blame on my client knowing that it's hard to face her father, and even harder for her to testify about the rape.